Blackjack Super 21
Blackjack Super 21 is a multi-hand blackjack variant played with 6 decks and according to the traditional rules – players win if their hand has a higher value than the dealer’s but does not exceed a total of 21. The payout rate for natural Blackjack hand is lower than the standard 3:2 unless the hand is suited.
Game Rules & Features
Blackjack Super 21 allows the player to bet on 1 - 5 hands at the same time – to start the session, one must submit at least one Ante bet and click on the “Deal” button. After the cards are drawn from the shoe, the following options will appear on the screen:
- Hit – request an extra card to be drawn from the shoe and added to your hand. Players can request multiple cards, except after doubling or splitting Aces, in which case only one extra card will be dealt (or one per each Ace, when split). If you hit 6 times without busting, 6-Card Charlie rule will be applied, and the hand will win automatically – even if the dealer has a natural blackjack (a 10-value card and an Ace).
- Stand – request no additional cards and challenge the dealer
- Split – separate the cards that have the same value and play them as two individual hands. Re-splitting is not permitted.
- Double – raise the Ante and draw a card. Doubling will limit the Hit option to just one more card, after which the player must Stand.
- Insurance – a side bet offered if the dealer’s up card is an Ace; if the players decide to take the Insurance, 50% of the Ante will be added to the initial bet.
- Surrender – forfeit half of the Ante bet if the dealer’s up card is strong. Dealer must stand on 17 or draw on 16 and the player’s natural Blackjack always win.
Payouts & RTP
The average RTP percentage rate of Blackjack Super 21 is 99.22% and the highest payout rates (2:1) are awarded for:
- Ace of Diamonds with a matching-suit 10-value card
- 6-card hand with a 21 total
The Insurance bet is also paid 2:1 while the rest of the winning hands produce even pay.
Although the players will be able to surrender their Ante, the move should be generally avoided unless:
- The dealer has 9, 10, or an Ace against the player’s hard 16 that does not consist of two 8s
- The dealer has 10 against the player’s hard 15
Otherwise, players should:
- Hit on soft 15, hard 8 or a lower value hand
- Stand on soft 18, hard 17 or higher hands
- Stand on hard 12 – 16 if the dealer’s up card is 2 - 6
- Double on 10 – 11 unless the dealer’s up card is higher, in which case, one should Hit
- Double on 9 or soft 16 - 18 if the dealer’s up card is 2 - 6
Split Aces and 8s
Split 2-2, 3-3, 6-6, 7-7, or 9-9 if the dealer’s up card is 2 - 6
Blackjack Super 21 Summary
Even though the natural Blackjack payout is only 1:1, the Super 21 variant compensates for the reduced payout by increasing the rate for the 6-card hands, as well as for the diamond natural Blackjack. Another advantage is that these suited Blackjacks do not even require an extra side bet.